The combination of pumpkin and cheese is one of the most common for its delicious contrast and flavor. Learn how to make this recipe for pumpkin muffins filled with cheese, perfect for breakfast, dessert or a children's snack.
Savory muffins are also a good option for birthday parties or other celebrations. They are easy to prepare, you can make them in advance and they always triumph among children for their curious presentation.
- 250 gr of wheat flour
- 250 gr of pumpkin
- 80 ml olive oil
- 100 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 egg
- 150 gr of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 gr of chopped cheese
We teach you how to make these homemade muffins, step by step, in a simple, practical and very economical way. You dare? Follow the way to make them.
1. Put water to heat in a pot. Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and skin and chop it up. Boil for about 10 minutes, until soft. Mash it with the food processor or mixer and remove a little to decorate the muffins.
2. To make the dough, start by sifting the flour with the yeast and salt, and reserve the mixture in a bowl.
3. In another bowl, beat the oil with the milk and the egg. Add to the previous mixture and beat until you get a homogeneous mixture.
4. Add the pumpkin and mix well until it is a homogeneous mass. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Place the muffin molds on the tray and fill them with the dough up to 2/3 of their capacity.
5. Bake the pumpkin muffins for about 20 minutes at 170ºC, approximately or until when you click with a toothpick, you verify that they are done.
6. Using a fruit corer or knife, remove a hole from the top of the muffins. Fill the muffins with whipped cream cheese and sprinkle chopped cheese on top of the muffins. Take them for about 5 more minutes to the oven, period. Our muffins will be ready to be 'eaten'!
Here are more recipes for salty muffins for children's parties.
You can read more articles similar to Cheese-Filled Pumpkin Muffins for Snack or Breakfast, in the Vegetables category - vegetables on site.